Thursday, April 29, 2010

In good hands

What a fun day! This post is mainly for Riley. I thought she would like to see why Carleigh was so exhausted when we dropped her off this afternoon! We had the pleasure of having Carleigh with us today. I'm not sure who wore out who the most, but I can tell you that we were all exhausted by the time the day was thru!!


First order of the day, breakfast. Eggs, donuts & blueberries. After full bellies for a big day ahead, the mayhem began. Every single stuffed animal Will owns came down from the top bunk and made it's way into the hallway. All of the musical instruments were brought out for concerts. Will was the rock star and Carleigh was the Country singer today.





After they were done inside for the time being, the duo headed outside for some gardening. They were both anxious to go on a walk, but had to wait for Miss Audrey to take a nap. So in the meantime, here they are working in my flowerbed. Thanks Will & Carleigh for the use of your green thumbs!

Aren't they so cute?!?! These two cousins definitely have fun together!

Nap?! Who said nap?!


Ok, naptime's over. Time for our walk and visit with the neighborhood horses!! Carleigh's mode of transportation, a bike. Will's choice, the firetruck. For now.


This is the chinook that flew overhead. Very impressive to a couple of three year olds. (To me too for that matter!)

Will & Carleigh waving to the chinook! Audrey was checking it out too from her view.


And now we begin the switcheroo of bike & firetruck. Pedaling took a lot out of sweet little Carleigh. It is a long walk around our block; I don't think I properly prepared her for the distance we were about to travel. So she was ready to switch with Will for a little change-up. Will reluctantly gave up his firetruck to ease the work for his cousin, and after a while of scooting on the firetruck, smartie girl that she is decided that pushing it along was much easier & quicker. She was much happier this way!

But then, the pushing became tiresome. Switch back. Growing more tired now and pedaling at a much slower pace. So Aunt Dede & Audrey offered Carleigh a ride on the stroller. Now this is how the cool kids ride! (By the way, I am now carrying the bike as I push the two girls.)
Notice the flowers on top of the stroller? Those are for you Riley. Carleigh picked them for you, but sorry, we forgot to give them to you. Don't worry, mine wilted too! :) And sorry, forgot to give you the rock collection that Carleigh started as well. Hmmm....where did those rocks go?!

Made it back home from our walk, time for some lunch grubbin'. Their morning activities must have stirred up an appetite because they both ate the heck out of some chicken nuggets, green beans, grapes and jello! Now it's time to go to the Choo Choo Club! "Chooooo Chooooo"
We always take a ride in the elevator after our Choo Choo Club activities are through to check out the "quiet part of the library," which is obviously not the Children's Area. The letter of the day today was "P." They both actively participated in the "Pig theme," enjoyed listening to the stories, practicing their P words and using their literacy skills. I love our library and am so grateful for our wonderful librarians who LOVE these kids!! They offer such wonderful programs throughout the year.
Just chillin' with some books.

Carleigh wanted me to take her picture with the book she checked out! I promise, this was her doings, I didn't ask her to pose for this pic!

I wish I had taken a few last pics.....gotta love Sonic Happy Hour. Lemon Berry Slushes for Will & Carleigh and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich for two followed by KONKED OUT on the way home!!! Audrey was out by the time we were out of the parking lot of the library and Carleigh was lights out after she finished her snack. Will was asleep the minute we got home. Whew!! What a day!! Where's my wine?!?!
Come back and play soon Carleigh!!! We love you!! xoxo

No comments: