Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Projects, Roadtrips, Playtime, Naptime & maybe a Baby?!?!

That "maybe a baby" part is for BFF Heather!! Her due date is TODAY, April 27th, and well, still no baby. So we are officially on standby. Come on Baby Wineinger, we are all very eager to meet you!!!! Be nice to your mommy! This pic is from this weekend, 2 days before due date. Doesn't Heather look AMAZING!??!?! (You do too Dawn!)

So please keep Heather in your thoughts & prayers these next few days that all goes well for a smooth delivery. Hope I didn't embarrass you too much Hay!! Love you!! xoxo

My handy husband has been busy lately. I have complained & nagged for years that we have zero storage in our house and no place for our stuff. (Chris may have complained that I have too much stuff, but I haven't heard that - probably just tuned it out!) We've been thinking we could do a mud room of sorts or cabinets or closets or something in our laundry room to give us some extra storage space. Well low & behold Lowe's had our answer. Being the handy man that he is, Chris installed some new cabinets. Why didn't we think of this 6 years ago?!?! He asked if I wanted to help, hammer a nail or something just so I would feel a part of it. I'm fine, thanks. :) (Even though I watch some HGTV & follow blogs of handy women remodeling their homes and I do wish I could do that, I just don't know if I could!) Anyways, the laundry room has pretty much been a cluttered mess, stacks of stuff....arts & crafts paraphernalia, koozies, coolers, my wine fridge, etc etc etc. So here is our project before, during & after. Wish I had taken a pic of what it really looked like "before" so you could truly appreciate the "after."

Minus the blue tape, here is the final "after." Handy man Chris and all. He even made a counter top complete with trim and stain. I love it!! And yes, the cabinets are already full!

During our mini-makeover, we've still been busy playing, playing and more playing. Seems like we are constantly on the go go go!


We always enjoy our get togethers with McKenna & Laura. These 3, soon to be 4, are great friends and have so much fun together. Thanks for Will's birthday present McKenna!!










Audrey's debut piano recital. She's trying to keep up with her big brother.



We have two musicians around here now. Audrey loves playing the piano almost as much as Will does. Will actually enjoys singing while I think Audrey just likes the loud noise & the banging. The other night I was asked how I handle all of the music playing that goes on around our house. I replied that I just sing along. While that is very much true, I should have added: "wine, I drink lots and lots of wine!"






And this is what Audrey is doing during naptime, not napping. This has become a little more frequent lately. Will never played around during naptime, still doesn't in fact. Please don't let her be outgrowing her naps, not yet!!! And if you notice the bareness around her crib, it's because she has ripped everything off. Mobile, things off of her nightstand table....she's a MESS!







This past weekend we were in New Braunfels for a wedding, our family friends the Griffin's. This is a 5 generation friendship between the Murphys and Griffins. The youngest brother JJ married Emily, and Will couldn't have been more excited about going to this wedding. He was beyond excited! He couldn't wait to dance with Kayleigh. That's all he talked about all week. That and asking a million times who was going to be there and if we were going to stay in a hotel. He's been looking forward to this weekend to say the least. It was great seeing the whole Griffin fam and being with my family. Will and Kayleigh "danced up a storm" - Will's words!











Happy 1st Birthday to our little buddy Kade!! So glad we got to come celebrate with you & your family!! Love the pics your mommy took (here)!



Happy Happy 30th Birthday Andy!! Surprise!



Our day at the park with our sweet friends Hayley, Ryan & Kristi!!



Shout out to Flo!!! Happy Birthday, a day late! Hope you had a wonderful day!!! xoxo

1 comment:

Flo and Grace said...

Oh my you guys have been busy! I love, love the cabinets! Chris made it look easy. : ) I'm so ready to start the remodel on the inside of our house, but we're still saving up money so we can finish without breaking the bank! (Or taking out a loan!) ha! Love you girl, Thanks for the birthday shout out!