This bright eyed THREE year old is definitely the bright spot of our week!! Happy Happy 3rd Birthday to Will, on the 1st. He had a big day......waking up to find balloons in his room went over better than I expected! A lunch celebration and play time with friends (unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate - big surprise - so we didn't make it to the park, but that just meant extra time at the ChickFilA playground. We sure hope all of our friends who couldn't make it are feeling better now. There is definitely a bug going around. After ChickFilA, we had a family birthday party for Will and he had a blast. Thank you to our wonderful families for helping make Will's birthday so special. We missed all of those who couldn't be here because of sickness or the fact that you just don't live close anymore.....come home soon please! :)
Will was given so many wonderful gifts that a 3 year old loves! Lots of great learning books, a digital camera, a microphone, a b
asketball goal for his room, a book bag, a tee-ball set, but his very very very favorite......a guitar!!! He's been saying for a while now that when he gets a guitar with strings, he will be grown up. Well, guess he's all grown up now. I for one am much happier being serenaded by a guitar rather than drums. Thank you for all of his birthday goodies!
Like I said, Will turning 3 was the highlight of our week. We had a GREAT time at the HLS&R BBQ, but it is tiring and it is definitely harder to recooperate and recover the older you get! I know that goes for both the guys on the Smokin' Amigos team, and those of us who are j
ust there to have a good time, no work! I am so happy I got to see so many of our friends who I haven't seen in a while. Good times. :) Kiddos came out with me on Thursday for a quick visit. Even our quick visit was exhausting. Lesson learned, no more kiddos at the bbq. Thanks Mom & Bub for your help! On Friday Grandma & Grandpa watched Will & Audrey so I could have a kid-free evening. And on Saturday Mimi & Bubba watched Will & Audrey so I could have yet another kid-free evening. 3 days of the bbq. Until next year Smokin' Amigos. It was awesome, the guys worked their tails off to entertain literally thousands of guests.
Oh but wait, there's more. The very first afternoon, in broad daylight, Chris' truck was STOLEN. Yes, STOLEN. Right out of the hotel parking lot. Once he was finally finished dealing with the police, insurance company, and the hotel, he was making his way over the Smokin' Amigos tent when low & behold who shoul
d show back up again, but the guy who stole his truck!!! He recognized the truck from the surveillance video, and not to mention it was creeping down the feeder road back into the parking lot to probably steal another nice truck from an innocent guy. As Chris was trying to take the guy's picture, he was spotted and the guy took off. Well tonight at 11:30 Chris got a phone call from the Houston Police Department. They found his truck.....what's left of it. His wheels & the cab. Nice. It just makes us sick. And speaking of sick, Chris is more than sick. He's got the Swine Flu. Oh ya. Never ever a dull moment around our house. Ever. Why should there be?! So anyways, Chris is down and out with the swine flu. He feels miserable. Thankfully both Will & Audrey have been vaccinated. I however have not, so Chris is quarantined to a single space until this passes. I hope no one else has gotten it!!
What else ya got? Bring it on! :) xoxo
2 comments:
Oh my good grief Dede!!!! I'm so sorry.....about everything! You are right...there is NEVER a dull moment with you guys!
Happy late birthday Will!!! BTW...LOVE the idea of balloons in his room for his big day....I MAY have to steal that from you. : )
Hope Chris starts feeling better real, REAL soon! Chip told me about his truck.....craziness.
Love you girl!!! So good to see you last weekend!
Oh my goodness girl! You sure did have a weekend full of ups and downs! I know Chris is ready to be 100%...tell him we hope he gets to feeling better! ugh. Chris needs to start a career w/crime fighting...haha
Post a Comment