Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello out there!

Or, as Will says at the table, "Hello over there!" Since my last post, Audrey has turned 7 months old, and Will is going to be THREE YEARS OLD on Monday. When did he become 3?! He is so excited about his birthday. He says "when I turn 3, I'll be a grown up." And "when I'm a grown up I can play a guitar with strings." Not sure where he comes up with these, but he does.



Since my last post ages ago, we have had several fun days with friends, lots of play time at home thanks to this yuk weather, and learning days at the Choo Choo Club. We are ready for warmer weather and some sunshine. Will asked God for sunshine and He delivered a couple of days. But Will just keeps on praying and asking for that sunshine! We are ready for winter to be behind us. We had a snowy, sleety day yesterday. Huge flakes, but nothing stuck.

Will invited his Grandpa to the Choo Choo Club for rodeo & cowboy day a couple of weeks ago. These were the two best looking cowboys there!





















We had a surprise diaper shower for Riley. Alli, Marie, Mary & I surprised Riley one Friday evening. With Baby #3 making his or her appearance soon, we figured Andy & Riley had everything they need already, but could always use diapers! Will & Noah were very big helper nephews for their Aunt Riley.

And then there's this one. Boy is she going to keep us busy. I have my hands full with Miss Audrey, no doubt about that. 7 months old and she is FUNNY! She has got a personality all her own. Still wants to eat EVERYTHING. She may be chubby, but she's quick! She zoom zooms (a Willism) in her walker. She hears "Audrey, no ma'am" quite a bit throughout the day. But all she does is look over her shoulder at me, smile or laugh, and then goes right back to whatever it is she's not supposed to be doing. T.r.o.u.b.l.e. It probably doesn't help that Will just laughs right along with her. And of course I try not to let her see me laugh, but it is pretty funny! She has two bottom teeth (see picture below!) and is in the 95th percentile for height and weighs over 18 lbs 12 oz. I had to take her back in for a f/u to her ear infection (gone, yea!) so I was able to get some measurements. So I'm sure by now our little chubby chubbs is at least 20lbs.


Snugglin' up with Daddy after bathtime. This girl LOVES her baths and it is very relaxing for all of those involved. She just thinks bathtime is the greatest thing ever.
Spoons have become a recent favorite of Audrey's. She has started grabbing the spoon from me after every single bite. Her way takes way longer to finish a meal now.

A Murphy favorite....La Fiesta!

Hello Big Brother!!! What are you doing?!

A jam session with my two rockers! I'm just the groupie, their biggest fans! :)






Audrey wasn't quite sure what to think about all the toile at first, but I couldn't resist! McKenna has this huge tutu that I put on Audrey and she quickly learned that being all dolled up is pretty fun! McKenna and Will-- who was playing construction worker-- wanted to see what the fuss was all about. And Laura & I can't help ourselves....we love to take their picture when all 3 of them are together!


We know we're a little partial, but Laura & I think they're cute! Can't wait to find out what Baby #2 is Laura!!! So happy for y'all!


Our sweet little friend Hayley invited Will to "bring a friend day" at Little Gym. He had so much fun! Being that Will is no longer in a structured, classroom setting, the sitting still part & listening to directions was a little too much for him to bear. See him jumping up and down in front of the rest of the class (sweet Hayley followed suit....he was her friend afterall!)? So I guess that's something we have to work on. He wasn't too keen either on taking his turn at the swinging bars or balance beam, etc when the coach told him to go. He chose to go on his terms! Oh boy. He wasn't bratty about it, he just said "no net yet." I think after he saw what the other kids were doing, he figured it was his turn. So here's a few pics of his big day. He waved to Mommy & Audrey as he passed us by the window. The parents can't hear what's going on in the room, you can only see, and the kids can't hear outside the gym so it was really neat listening to Will tell me everything that he did......they had to sneak past a sleeping dragon, cross a drawbridge with one coach and hide an apple from a chipmunk with the other teacher. Will loved the dragon and knight part, but when it came time to using his imagination on a chipmunk, not so much. The concept was to work on their motor skills by putting a ball behind their back (hide the apple from the chipmunk). All of the other kids in the class were doing it except Will. He told me afterwards "Mommy, there wasn't a chipmunk, so I wasn't going to hide my apple." Ok then.



For Valentine's Day, Chris & I celebrated a day early. We had a kid free evening (thank you Marie!) and did the whole first date thing....dinner and a movie. It was greatness. I honestly can't tell you the last movie I saw in the theater. But now I can."Crazy Heart." We enjoyed it. Us and the two other couples that were there. That's it! 6 of us in the movie theater. I thought for sure this was going to be a packed house, but then I found out it had been out since November. The movie "Valentine's Day" was of course sold out though. We picked the right one! Dinner, a drink at a bar, movie. With my hubby. Perfect Valentine's Day date. So on actual VDay, Will and I made cupcakes. And I am writing about this because I have found the greatest invention ever. Especially if you are a chocoholic like myself. I discovered Pilsbury Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting. Have you tried this?!?! It's like the whipped cream in a can you can squeeze in your mouth, only it's CHOCOLATE!!! Genius. Yes, some of it actually made it on the cupcakes, but I won't lie, I had several helpings as is. I even stuck it in the actual cupcake, to give the cupcake a chocolate center. YUM! 2 dozen yummy cupcakes, some with a surprise center and extra sprinkles courtesy of Pastry Chef Will.





My Valentine's!!!! xoxo (Eyes much?!)



And here we are enjoying one of the days where God answered Will's sunshine prayer! This is our friend William. Will and William. William's mom Kylie is from Australia so William has picked up some of her accent. I love how he says "Bubby Audrey". :)


















Thanks again Aunt Dawn for my t-shirt! I heart Buc-ees!!!



And finally, the Trail Riders made their way through Tomball yesterday (before the snow), headin' to the rodeo. We bundled up and went to see the cowboys & cowgirls ride in on their horses and in their covered wagons. Will & Audrey both got a kick out of it! I'm not sure who was more excited though, them or me. I remember when the trail riders would ride past my elementary school and we all got to stand outside and wave to them! Good memories.













Happy Rodeo!! See you at the cook-off!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Woo hoo!!! See you there!! : )

Very cute pics!!! And Happy (almost) 3rd Birthday Will!

Kelly said...

Happy 3rd birthday Will!!