Sunday, October 4, 2009

Have kids, will travel

Last weekend my cousin Ty married very sweet Megan. We are so very happy for them and are thrilled to welcome Megan into our family. Their wedding was held outdoors and it was so nice. It was great being with the fam. Unfortunately Chris couldn't make the trip, so Will, Audrey & I flew solo. Well, not really. Thankfully I had the help of my parents so I didn't have to make the trip alone. Not quite ready for that! Pretty sure my dad tried his very best to tune out the "Are we there yet? Are we there now? Are we at Ty's wedding? Are we in Dallas? Where are we?" coming from Will. He was nonstop the entire trip! And thank you Jenny & Misty for your help too! Whew. We all had a great time.






Some pics to show for the weekend: Bub got the job of unloading all of our gear and had the pleasure of Will's assistance; Aunt Sugar invited Misty to join us at the Rehearsal Dinner; All of the cousins, yup all 4 of us (we forgot to do our stair step picture -- being the oldest I used to be the tallest, but that changed in high school; now I'm still the oldest, but the shortest). My beautiful kiddos who I have to say were angels during the ceremony (as good as can be expected anyways!); When he wasn't on the dance floor bustin' his white boy moves, Will was running around; Mom & Audrey enjoying the music; Jenny, Tiffany, me & Will taking a break; And believe it or not, I slept right there in between Will & Audrey...I don't think any of us moved all night, so cozy!

Audrey is almost 13 weeks old now. She loves standing up and letting us pull her up from the lying position. We say "123 Go" and she helps herself up. She's so strong, always wanting to be sitting up looking at what's going on around her, which is usually Will. He enjoys entertaining her. She sticks her tongue out and just smiles smiles smiles, such a sweet smile! She's still a snuggle bug, but I am proud to report that she is sleeping in her crib! Big girl.



"Hi Mommy!!"





One of Will's new things is asking what time it is. His chair at the table faces our big clock in the kitchen so he's always saying "Mommy what time is it? Now what time is it?" Over and over and over. Since there are no numbers on our wine barrel clock, I decided we were going to get crafty and Will was going to learn how to tell time at 2 1/2 years old! He actually kinda gets it! We talk about where the little hand is and that it's the "hour hand" and that the big hand tells us what minute it is. Robert Mondavi would be proud that I'm using an oak barrel for more than just aging wine.


And Chris is doing really a whole lot better. He's hoping he will be drinking a beer by this weekend! Keeping our fingers crossed that at his next appointment the dr will tell him he can stop taking his antibiotics. For the first time in 7 weeks, he mowed our yard, which looks so much nicer now. It's been mowed twice by Henry & Andy, but Chris has been eager to get out there and do it himself. And he must be getting better because he stayed home this weekend by himself with both kids while I went to the Aggie game in Dallas! Not sure if I'm a bad wife for abandoning my husband who has a flesh eating bacteria??? Pretty sure I wouldn't have left if he wasn't up for the task. :) It was great getting to see a lot of our friends (who ALL asked about Chris, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!) and we had some pretty amazing tickets at Jerryworld. That stadium is unbelievable. Thank you Misty for inviting me!! I will include pics of my A&M weekend next time, haven't uploaded them yet. But please continue to keep Chris in your prayers....he's almost there!
And here's Will, center stage again. He pretends to forget what animals Old MacDonald has on his farm!!

No comments: