Saturday, September 19, 2009

An overdue update

First, I have a blogging question. How do you people get such cute blogs? I love the ones with the giant picture at the very top. And how do you get your title centered like that? Is it the format you choose? Please let me know!




Well I've been pretty bad about sending out updates on Chris, but thanks as always to all of you have asked and who are continuing the prayers. Trust me, they are still working. Chris had the picc line removed last week (great news) but remains on oral antibiotics. He really wants a beer! I keep reminding him that I went longer than 9 months without drinking! How quickly he has forgotten. So anyways, that was a big step in the healing process getting that picc line out. On Wednesday the doctors said he no longer needed the wound vac. Fantastic news! The vac had done it's job by closing the depth of the wound, now it's the surface area that needs to heal. Two options there: skin grafting/plastic surgery or packing the wound with collagen. Option two would be most ideal. Guess what....no skin grafting or 5th surgery! Yea. So while we're still dealing with an open wound here, this definitely means that Chris is on the road to recovery. The doctors are very pleased with how he is healing. Now we're down to two hospital visits a week. He's very happy that he doesn't have to be plugged into an outlet anymore, and I assure you he does not miss that 9 volt battery charge shock feeling. Not quite back to normal just yet, but getting there slowly but surely. Honestly, by looking at him, you'd never know he's had 4 surgeries and has been thru what he's been thru.

After I posted Audrey's 2 month stats, I went back and compared hers with Will's. She is 2 pounds heavier than he was at this same age! Will was only 9 pounds 4 ounces and Audrey's at 11 pounds. He didn't have a roll or chub on him (still doesn't) and I just love Audrey's chunky legs & cheeks. Her belly is nice & plump too! Love it! She has the cutest smile, and we get lots of them these days. She's smiling a ton -those big smiles-, cooing more & more and is very observant to what's going on around here. Still loves to be a snuggle bug (sleeping right here next to me as a matter of fact as I sit in the chair and blog away at 2am). She's kicking and is very strong, propping herself up and trying desperately to sit up. And Will will be Will. He gets mistaken for a 4 year old quite often. He is so tall, speaks so well, and really enjoys his ABC's. He loves spelling out words and reading his books to us/himself. Chris & I get a real kick out of him. Oh, and for you mathletes, you know who you are, his counting is getting much more advanced! He is very organized, likes to keep things nice and neat. He has an order for just about everything.

Thanks for sending me your phone numbers. So nice that my phone broke. If it's not one thing, it's something else. Just gotta roll with the punches I guess! But I will say that I enjoyed a bit of luxury yesterday. There are a million things that I could of/should of been doing, but my wonderful mom & dad treated me to a day-o-beauty! Pedi and hair day. Highlights and a haircut, greatness. I was flying solo for about 4 hours, relaxing. I felt a little guilty, but I admit I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you Mom & Bub!!

And while I took a day off, the chaos and craziness continued. Didn't miss a beat!




Happy 3rd Birthday to our sweet friend McKenna! What a FUN party!!




Thanks again to Goertz and Laura for a great evening last weekend. The steaks were dee-lish!! We're glad y'all were here.

No comments: