Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not an Interesting Patient

That's what Chris' doctor told him at his check up the other day. He is no longer an interesting patient! Ha! Well, thank goodness for that is all I have to say. Docs say he is looking great. He is off the antibiotics now, so we went to Mi Rancho to celebrate. Nothing wrong with a margarita or two at lunch is there?!


Audrey is 3 months old. I can't believe it. Maybe one of these days I'll get her announcements out. It might be that we change the rules a bit....Announcing Audrey Marie Ostermann is going to kindergarten! At this rate, be on the lookout for it in 5 years! Geez. She's making new noises now, so strong, eating more (love the chunk!), taking little cat naps and sleeping so well at night. My perfect baby is back to being a perfect baby! It is such a wonder how different two babies, brother & sister, can be. This is going to be my child who puts everything in her mouth, and I can tell already, is going to be the one who goes thru all the cabinets in the house. She & Will have really begun to interact. She loves watching him and he loves making her smile. Sometimes when he doesn't know I'm looking, he'll go over to her and just start having a sweet conversation with her. I just know he's going to be such a protective, influential big brother to her later in life. He has his moments of course. The latest is, he covers his ears and says "Audrey I am so tired of hearing you crying!" And of course we have to explain that she's just a baby and that's her way of telling us what she needs. You know, like when you WHINE Will. Ugghhh. The whining. Wish I could just cover my ears sometimes! :) Will enjoys our library days. I have moved him up to the 3 year old Story Times. We followed the librarian Miss Jo who Will really likes. And we are doing a Literacy Program another day of the week, The Choo Choo Club for 2-6 year olds. He loves it! Gotta love the library!

AMO at 3 months - I just LOVE that smile!!


2 months
1 month





Will building a train in the den. His books are not just for reading!









Even though it doesn't feel the slightest bit like fall, I am so ready for some fall food! Chili, stews, casseroles, yum. I found a new recipe when I rode up to Dallas for my cousin's wedding. Having 4 hours of nothing to do but ride was not only wonderful, but relaxing. I actually got to read some of my 'Parents' and 'Southern Living' magazines. Who knew there was still time for that?! In SL I found this recipe and made it last week. It was really really good & so easy, so I thought I would share. Hope you enjoy it on a cool evening if we ever have one.

Upside Down Pizza Casserole:

-Brown 1 lb meat & 1/2 onion, season to taste (I added Italian Seasonings), drain fat
-Stir in 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I like Classico Tomato & Basil)
-Pour into Pyrex pie dish
-Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups broccoli on top of meat mixture. (I used frozen broccoli. I was surprised about the suggestion to use broccoli, but it was actually really good. Next time though I think I will use mushrooms instead. Or maybe both)
-On top of broccoli add shredded cheese. (Recipe wasn't specific so I chose the Italian Blend & Mozzarella cheeses in 8oz bags and used 1 1/2 cups of Italian blend and 1/2 cup of Mozzarella.
-Lay pie crust on top.
-Bake at 350 for 30 mins. So good!!






I so enjoy getting together with Alli during the week when we can. We brought over breakfast and let's just say Noah likes donuts!! I was cracking up. Those donuts didn't stand a chance between Noah & Will. Their lab, Jill, had puppies!!!! Adorable! And Noah wanted to give Audrey hugs & kisses before we left.



Misty and I before the A&M/Arkansas game in Dallas. Beat the hell outta OSU! (Cuz we sure didn't against Arkansas!)



Look at the scoreboard - we're winning! Too bad it didn't stay like that for very long.

No comments: