Friday, September 4, 2009

Teenage years already??

Good news. Chris had his final hyperbarric treatment today. That was a nice surprise going into the weekend. He had a small procedure this past Wednesday and checked out great. Of course he probably would have preferred to have been put out again for this, but he had to tough it out. Not that he had to prove anything to me, but he has without a doubt been one tough man during all of this. So he'll continue with the vac and antibiotics via picc line, see the doctor next week and keep on keepin' on. I assure you he is ready to be far far away from an outlet, which this vac requires. Sure wish we were in Aggieland this weekend. Beat the hell outta New Mexico! Oh, and he claims that this will be his first Labor Day without consuming any beer since 8th grade!! Trust me, he's ready for that beer. And he deserves it!

So Mr. Will. He's 2 1/2 now. We had a same day celebration earlier this week. Audrey turned 8 weeks and Will turned 2 1/2 on the 1st. We had a cake that my mom made for us, so we thought we'd put it to good use and celebrate Will's half birthday on a whim. Candles and all! We let him dig in just like it was his first birthday. It was fun. Little did I know though that when your little guy turns 2 1/2 he starts acting like a teenager. When I was a teenager I admit I slammed my door at my parents. Even louder when they weren't in the house. It did a lot of good, I know. But the other day, my sweet little boy SLAMMED HIS DOOR on me. Oh no he didn't!!! Yes. He did. Time out city, you bet. A spankin', oh yes. What was the fuss all about you ask? He didn't think he needed to clean up his room and pick up his mess. So not worth the slamming of the door. But really, I thought I had at least 11 more years until this attitude came around. Other than that though, he's still pretty sweet. He told me he was sorry and gave me a great big hug & kiss. LOVE my Will hugs & kisses. One slip up..... :)




I think Audrey is getting used to having her mommy & daddy back home and maybe we'll get in some sort of routine for her sake. We are loving all of the smiles she gives us. She's cooing a lot and loves to snuggle up. She is going to have the same long eye lashes her big brother has. I have loved watching her eye lashes grow. Even when she wakes up at 4am or won't go to sleep unless she's laying on me, I can't help but smile at her.







So thankful for all of the helpful hands we've had. Chris & I couldn't manage without you. Thanks Moms, family & friends. xoxo



1 comment:

Kelly said...

YEAH for no more treatments! And hilarious about Mr. Will with his 'tude! He's so sweet so I'm sure the slamming doors will be few and far between! Audrey is so pretty, she is the female version of her big brother it seems! Hope to see you guys soon!