After learning that Chris had what could be a life threatening disease, 4 surgeries, some very aggressive treatments per his doctors, and now the 'hurry up and wait approach' we are taking things one day at a time. Trust me, it's been a whirlwind. We are so thankful that this bacteria did not get into Chris' bloodstream and that it was diagnosed when it was. Stubborn yes, but stupid Chris is not. I am so glad he decided to go to the hospital as early as he did instead of waiting.....maybe with a little help of my constant nagging, maybe? (I do feel bad though that he drove himself to the ER!) He has to continue with the daily hyperbarric treatments as an outpatient and we administer his antibiotic thru a picc line iv here at home. We had a "Do It Yourself" crash course by an 'At home care nurse' who will visit us regularly. He's pretty insistent that he do it himself, which he is very able to do, but I'm trying my best as Nurse Dede. In addition to that he was fitted with a portable wound vac that goes everywhere with him. He compares the feeling to that of the charge you get by sticking your tongue on a 9 volt battery. Pleasant. Oh and the wound has to be redressed 3 times a week. Not so pleasant. So all things considered, we are very grateful and blessed that this is all we have to do. I'll take managing this over not having Chris here any day!! We'll show you MRSA.
We ask that you please keep Chris on your prayer lists. Like I said, we still have a ways to go before this is all said and done. Will & Audrey have definitely missed their daddy. I know they're all he could think about while he was in the hospital, his two kiddos. (Will was on "vacation" at Mimi & Bubba's for several days and Audrey just tried to figure out where her mommy was). Chris had so many visitors at the hospital and it certainly lifted his spirits. All of the phone calls, visits, cards, emails, texts, flowers, meals, babysitting, yard work, hugs, etc etc etc! have been a true blessing and so very appreciated. I am still overwhelmed at the love we have felt from all of our family and friends. You have all asked what you can do. Please just keep the prayers coming!!! xoxo
And well I couldn't not leave a few fun pics and posts. The weekend that Chris went to the hospital, my girls were here. Up until Chris up and took himself to the ER, we had a GREAT time! :) Thanks again for the visit. We loved having you here. And thanks for letting me leave my kids with y'all so I could get up to the hospital! Your friendship means the world to me. I don't have the words to describe it. Everyone should be so lucky to have friends like y'all. (Happy Birthday Heather!!) xoxo
What's a 31st birthday without cookie cake & wine?!
Audrey & Kade.....drinking buddies or prom dates, that is yet to be determined!
My sweet little girl didn't want to miss hanging out with The Girls!
Cowboy Will!!
4 comments:
We are so glad Chris is home and doing much better! We continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!
SO glad to hear that! I know he's so excited to be back at home.
SOOOOO glad Chris is doing better. Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers Dede.
I'm so happy he's home and doing better!! I'm sad I missed you when we went to visit him in the hospital though. :( We'll have to come visit you guys soon!
Kelly
Post a Comment