Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh my gosh we've been busy......and Merry Christmas!!

Here we are Christmas Eve eve, and I can't believe Christmas is just two days away. We have stayed PLENTY busy this month, as I know everyone has. But seriously, where did this month go? We've had all sorts of fun.....Christmas with my girls (Chris, Misty, Will and I dawned our Tacky Christmas gear for the festivities -- Heather, Dawn, Shelly, Mas & Michael, no excuses next year!); Murphy/Tucker Christmas was a true BLAST! I really didn't expect Will to get so excited about Christmas this year, I thought next year for sure, that he might still be too little this year, you know, more excited about the boxes and tissue paper, but oh my gosh was I wrong!! See the video and you'll see (and I wonder where he gets "Oh my gosh" from?!?!) It was great being with my Uncle Skip, Aunt Sugar & Uncle Les, cousins Tiffany & Ty, and cousin-n-law-to-be Megan! Mom & Bub outdid themselves; Trey, Jenny, Chris, Will and I loved being at their house. Although not all of us stayed up until 4:30am...ahem Trey & Ty (aka Rooster). We've been staying busy doing lots of other activities as well, constantly on the go go go. Toddler Time at the Library which Will LOVES, Sloppy Joe eating contests with Daddy -- we have to come up with new, fun & inventive ways to get Will to eat his dinner now, i.e.: "who can eat faster, Will or Daddy" or "let's race Will" or "I bet you can't eat this big bite" or "show me how fast you can eat this bite." You get the idea. Will "helped" decorate the Christmas tree and has been so "helpful" with wrapping gifts. He does love his Christmas tree though. The first thing he wants to do every morning (even before turning on Mickey Mouse) is to turn it on to see the pretty lights. And he reminds us that it's his job to turn it off at night when he goes to bed. "123, Ready Go! Oooh!" We've been baking, playing at the park, playing in the snow (remember that one day it snowed in Houston?!). You name it, I think we've done it.



While we've had such fun with Will this month, it's been difficult as well. Sadly, we lost our dear sweet Martha a year ago. It is so hard to believe that a year has come and gone so quickly. We miss her more than you can imagine. Please keep Jim, Jay & Laura in your prayers. They had a very special evening in which many of us gathered together to remember Martha. It was very touching and memorable.


We will be celebrating Christmas with the Ostermann's on Christmas Eve, beginning with a huge breakfast. Picture this: two breakfast casseroles with who knows how many dozens of eggs, 4 pounds of bacon, Mary's homemade biscuits, sausage, grits and all the Ostermann's gathered around the table! Chris & I had a light dinner tonight...we can't wait. Christmas with the Ostermann family Christmas Eve day, Christmas Eve church services, home to get ready for Santa, Christmas morning at our house YEA! and then off to my parent's for our family Christmas and delicious lunch with all the fixins. It is going to be a wonderful/crazy next two days. And then we leave for Windthorst to celebrate with Chris' grandparents and family. And then it's New Year's! 2009. Wow.


Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We hope you all have a wonderful day with your family!!



A fun day at the park with Jake, Abbey, Hayden, Noah, Robin & Aunt Alli.



Aunt Misty was the first to spoil Mr. Will on his second Christmas!! Will always wants to call Misty and talk to her on the phone.


Remember Cousin Eddie on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?! That's the look Chris was going for here. The fake turtle neck under the see through sweater vest. Classic. Misty & I sported our matching Christmas vests, lovely turtlenecks, Christmas earrings and light up socks. Will even participated in the Tacky Christmas Get Up with a flashing Mickey Mouse Christmas shirt. Not sure why the others didn't participate......next year!


The little Christmas helper. Loves his Christmas tree! I'll add pics (once I take them) of him in front of the finished product. His favorite ornament is the jingle bells. And he likes touching the lights, one finger at a time.

123 Go! Who can eat their sloppy joe (or whatever we're having for dinner each night) the fastest?!

Christmas haircut/"buddy cut" by Daddy. Lollipop included.


Our pumpkins had been sitting out at the front door all fall. Since it was time to bring the Christmas decorations out, Will had fun fingerpainting the pumpkins. It was a nice gift for the garbage men the next day.


Will thanking Aunt Sugar (and Uncle Les, Tiffany, Ty/Rooster & Megan) for all of his SO MUCH FUN Christmas gifts. See video too! Y'all did way too much!!
Mommy's little helper in the kitchen. 10 loaves of bread later.....Wah Lah!! I never bake. I baked so many loaves of bread this Christmas I coudn't even see straight. Thanks Tiffany for the yummy recipes!









2 comments:

The Settlemeyers said...

Very cute video! Don't you wish our husbands got that excited over their gifts?!?

Riley said...

"Oh my gosh!" This is too cute!