Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Road Trip!!

A couple of weeks ago the kiddos, Mom and I headed to San Antonio to see Kale!!! Heather & Mason were there too, so it was good to see them as well. :) We also got to see Dawn & Kade and our old friends the Clewetts - well, Drew & his wife Carrie anyways. Drew and his family grew up a couple of houses down from my family & me back in the day. It was great to see everyone!!!

There's just something about being in a hotel room that makes kids act silly! Will, Audrey & Kade were all putting on a concert for us in front of the mirror while Kale tries to take it all in. Well ok, Will was really putting on the show but they all liked seeing themselves in the mirror!

See, something about being in a hotel that makes kids silly....mine anyways! Audrey was having so much fun --too much fun-- before bedtime. She loved the pillows on the bed and was bouncing off each one of them, back & forth!


Kale's first swim! I guess Audrey thought Kale needed a little coaching on how to do it. She was so interested in everything her BFF Kale was doing. Laura G, if you are reading this....we had NO idea there was a huge storm in New Braunfels, just up the road from us (kinda). I understand now though why you were surprised we had been swimming! Seriously no idea that the Guadalupe was practically flooding and they were doing air rescues!!



Mas cooked dinner for us the first night at their house and it was dee-lish! Next day we went into Boerne for lunch. I think we managed pretty well with 4 kids and 5 adults! Hmmm, wonder where Kade gets his pretty blue eyes from?!



Will & Audrey playing in their "fort" at the hotel before dinner with Drew & Carrie. Thanks again for a great evening. So glad we got to see y'all! And Welcome Home!!

Thanks again Mom for going with us. Glad you did! I hope you don't really wait until Audrey is 10 to go on another Road Trip with us!! I promise Audrey will be better behaved, we'll get you your own room, and no jalapenos!!! xoxo
Next update....Zoo pics, Memorial Day beach pics and Summer Days!!!

No comments: