Friday, April 2, 2010

Springtime in Texas ~ Bluebonnets!!

I've been waiting all year for the bluebonnets! Literally. Last year when we took pics with Amanda & Maggie, I was pregnant with Audrey. I can remember being in the field with Will, giddy with excitement, thinking that if this baby was a little girl I was going to dress her in a little white dress, Will in a white shirt & jeans and I was going to get some precious pics of my two kiddos in the bluebonnets. I realize that sounds pretty silly, but I really have been waiting for this time of year. So here we have it. My favorite time of year, spring & bluebonnets in Texas. Add my kids to the mix, it was a perfect day! A long, tiring day trying to find just the right bluebonnet field, wearing out both Will & Audrey and my parents who partook in our Bluebonnet Excursion/Hunt/Adventure/whatever you want to call it! And while I may not have gotten that oh so perfect pic where they're both looking in the camera smiling (ha! have I ever?!), I think they turned out pretty adorable regardless. (Yes, I realize I'm slightly biased!) I think it's safe to say though it was a fabulously memorable day!! One for the books. Oh, and on a sidenote, on our way out to La Bahia/Burton/Roundtop area, every single patch of bluebonnets we spotted off of 290 or another back road, Will asked "is that where we're going to find the bluebonnets? is that where we're getting our picture taken?" What a trooper!






And PS, (if you made it thru all the bluebonnet pics!) that little white dress Audrey is wearing, was one of my dresses!

A big ol' CONGRATS to The Settlemeyer Family (here)!! Reid Jacob was born on Wednesday, March 31st. So happy for you Allison, Josh & Big Brother Connor :)

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Precious!! :) I can't wait to go get brayden's pics in the bluebonnets!!