Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayers for a little girl

I can't get this Houston family out of my mind. I have never met them, but they need our prayers. As I sat and blogged about vibrant, growing Audrey turning eight months old the other day, another mom was blogging about rocking her little toddler Layla Grace to sleep, holding her as she is dying, losing the fight against Neuroblastoma. It just absolutely breaks my heart. I discovered this family from a high school friend on Facebook. Please visit their website (here) http://laylagrace.org/ for their story.

And as I write this, I tried to visit their blog to see how Layla was doing today with the hopes to give an update here on my blog. The server is down (soooo many followers), and I of course expected the worst. I logged on to Facebook to see if my high school friend Maca had posted anything and sure enough this is her comment: Layla got her wings this morning. Rest in peace, sweet Layla.11 minutes ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to this precious family of five, now four.

Also, Facebook is donating $1 for every new fan of Layla Grace to help cover the cost of medical expenses. Click to become a fan of Lalya Grace (here). The Marsh family has literally thousands of followers on their blog, Facebook, and Twitter. I only wish I had known of them sooner so that I could have prayed for them sooner.

No comments: