Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh ya, I have a blog!!!


Hello and Happy New Year from the Ostermann's!!! Whew. We had a wonderfully crazy-on-the-go-go-go Christmas and we haven't stopped yet. I wonder if this is any indication of how 2010 is going to be?!?!
Lots of pics to catch up on. The only ones I am missing are from Di's wedding. Congrats Di & Keegan!! What a beautiful wedding, and so much fun! Hi to Mari and all the girls!!! So great seeing y'all :)
First Christmas stop to Grandma & Grandpa's on Christmas Eve day. We had a huge breakfast, opened gifts, then went to our two Christmas Eve church services.
This is the first of THREE pianos Will was given for Christmas! This one is from Uncle Ryan & Aunt Laura, a second from Uncle Henry & Aunt Marie, and the third from Mimi & Bubba. I see piano lessons in Will's future....he LOVES playing!!!
After church we put out milk & cookies for Santa and carrots for his reindeer. As you can see, Will and Audrey were both very excited!
I am so glad I captured Will's true expression when he saw that Santa had indeed been to his house and eaten the milk & cookies he and Audrey left out for him.
Audrey checking out her goodies Santa brought her. Formula, diapers, teething rings, yea!

Santa brought Will a tunnel! He was given TWO tents for Christmas, a Cars one and Batman one, so it's fun to connect the tents with his tunnel.
After we had our family Christmas on Christmas morning, we headed back to the Ostermann's for a bit to see the extended family. Then it was off to Mom & Bub's to spend the rest of the day with the Murphy fam. Here is Will on his new piano!
Next morning (about 5:30) we loaded the kiddos up and headed to Windthorst. 8 hours later, we made it!
Even though it was kinda tough to actually get to Windthorst because of the snow, it was well worth it, watching Will throw his first snowball at his daddy!
Will is officially potty trained!!!!! Yea!!!!! Very very very exciting as you can well imagine. So as his reward, he wanted to go to the carousel. He invited Mimi and Bubba to come along to help him celebrate.
We spent New Year's Eve in Port O Connor again this year and had a great time! So great being with the Richardsons, Ogorchocks and Luedekers!!
Audrey didn't want to miss the fireworks. Will on the other hand stayed inside. He enjoyed looking through the window for about a minute, then decided that that was even too loud.
And here's our crew.... Phillip, Mary Elizabeth, Maggie, Hope, Jack, Audrey and Will!!!! Will there be any new additions next year?!?!
Brrrr, it's cold Mom!
Until next year POC..... Thank you Magruders for having us!!
Being the "conductor." He even put on his "conductor hat" as he calls it. Uncle Trey & Aunt Jenny gave Will this cool train set for Christmas.
Never a dull moment around our house. We had an entire new septic system installed in our yard a couple of weeks ago. Will was THRILLED that there was a backhoe in his backyard. Needless to say we went on "a vacation to Mimi & Bubba's" for a few days.
Happy Birthday Mom!!! Happy Birthday Mimi!!! "Shake your groove thing!"
And here she is, Miss Audrey, 6 months old!!! This was on her actual 6 month birthday, the only picture I got of her this day. After getting FIVE shots for her 6 month check up, this girl was DONE for the day. Can't say that I blame her. This is the first time she had a reaction to all of her shots. Her temperature shot up to 102 that night and she ended up getting an ear infection. Possibly a coincidence, but I blame the H1N1 vaccine. So for the past 10 days, we've been nursing her first ear infection. Thankfully she was able to take an antibiotic and she is doing so much better! My happy Audrey is back to her old self. She was even feeling well enough for a road trip this past weekend.
Poor little thing! She obviously doesn't feel well, you can see it in her eyes! But she was a trooper and let me take a few pics. At 6 months old, Audrey is in the 95th percentile for height, measuring at 26 3/4" and in the 25-50th percentile for weight at 15.7 pounds. She has one tooth, another on it's way and 2 more close behind. She's eating a few fruits & vegetables now and can't get enough. She's definitely got a good appetite.
He's only gotten stuck once, but Will thinks it's so funny to get in Audrey's walker! It is pretty funny! Audrey loves this.....I do too!
I think she's going to skip crawling and just start walking!
And here is how our backyard still looks......
AMO loves her Aunt HayHay! At Gruene River Grill. (Did I get it right Dawn!?)
Aunt HayHay with all the kiddos: Kade, Kaitlyn, Will, Audrey & Clay. I took my first solo roadtrip with both kids. It took us a lot longer to get there than I had anticipated.....
Gruene Hall!!
Dawn & Baby Kade at Gruene Hall. Hello to Grandmother!!!! Thank you again for lunch, I loved getting to see you!!
Shelly and Clay outside at Gruene Hall
Audrey asleep at Gruene Hall!
Prego Heather! Cutest prego ever. Hello there Lil' Bit. We can't wait to meet you!!
I tried to get their pic.....
All the babies hangin' out together. I see trouble down the road with these three. Lifelong buds though!
Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a visit with the Griffins! **Love you Laura & Miss Kayleigh. Thank you again so much for going with us to see Mama Jo & Papa Joe. You have no idea how much that means to me.** Kayleigh, Will & Audrey are 5th generation Murphy/Griffin friends.
Last stop, Babies R Us to "help" Heather & Mas register. Not sure how much help we really were though! Will & Mas look very comfy!!


And a BIG Congrats to our friends the Tolberts!! Sara & Jason are the proud parents to cutie pie Luke William!!! We can't wait to meet him. xoxo

If you made it this far, wow. I know I'm bad at picking out pictures to post, but oh well! And I'm going to try to stay on top of my blogging so I don't have to post so much at once! Last thing...
Will loves getting Audrey to laugh at him. She thinks it funniest when he pretends to fall on the floor. So here's Will, bouncing around in the chair before bedtime, getting Audrey to laugh. She was laughing even harder than this before I got the camera out!



No comments: