Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa was a no show....probably a good thing!!




Well, Santa wasn't really a "no show." Mommy & Mimi just didn't read what his hours were at Bass Pro. Turns out, he's busy working at the North Pole until 5pm, then he comes out for his second shift of the day. So I'm sure that one day Audrey will resent me for not having her first Christmas captured with a photo of her and Santa. I'll just have to explain to her that her big brother wasn't going to have anything to do with him even if he had been there! Not sure why, but Will does NOT want Santa Claus to come to his house this year. He wants no part of the jolly old fella. He is the only (almost) 3 year old who I know who wants to give his toys back to Santa, including the bike he brought Will last year. Will says he doesn't need anything, he already has his toys!



So instead of a picture with Santa, we managed to take a few pics with his reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. (Will didn't even want to get near Santa's empty chair.)



Will LOVED watching the train go 'round. And Bubba gave him a few pointers on shooting a BB gun. Audrey just took it all in, she doesn't miss a thing.

We had a really fun afternoon baking cookies with Aunt Lou. What a treat! We're looking forward to making this our new Christmas tradition.






Congratulations to my father-n-law, Henry!!!! Retired retired retired! There was a very nice ceremony at the VA honoring him and his many years of service. I believe plans are already in the works for a fishing excursion for Grandpa & Will!















And in addition to retiring from the VA, we celebrated Henry's 60th Birthday! Happy Happy Birthday & Retirement!




What's a birthday party without noise makers?!?! And 4 grandkids who need a story read to them by the birthday boy?



Aunt Sugar & Uncle Les absolutely SPOILED Will and Audrey for Christmas!!! Will LOVES his tent. Not sure who was having the MOST fun though.....

Will & Uncle Trey

Will, the man of the tent


Will & Daddy



And just another day of making marshmallow snowmen & igloos with our good friend William. Who says 3 year olds aren't supposed to make a mess?! Well, we ended up making smashed marshmallow pies too after all was said and done. Good holiday fun!
















And my proudest picture yet!!! Will signed his very own name to his daddy's Christmas card. He actually wrote "love Will" (I only helped with the 'e'). I am sooooo proud of him! I should have gotten a picture of him being so excited because I was so excited for him. Priceless. Uncle Trey, you have one coming your way too!!


And now he's just showing off.....

(he copied what Chris wrote on the board)

Merry Christmas everyone!! I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of your blogs. I get so caught up reading our friends' and looking at your pics, before I know it another hour or so has passed and I keep saying "oh, I'll do ours tomorrow." So finally I sat down and just did it! I admit, I love it! Shout out backatchya to Mari!! Like I told you the other day, your family is ADORABLE. (here)
It looks like everyone is enjoying Christmastime. It's still so hard to believe that it's just a few short days away. We are so thankful & blessed for the year we have had. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!! xoxo

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the pics Dede! Merry Christmas to the Ostermann family! Hope we get to see you guys soon. Playdate in January??? Let's get our calendars together after the first of the year....sound good?