Where to even begin? I should have just stayed in bed yesterday. I should have known when Chris came to the bedroom around 7:30 Saturday morning with "Dede! Wake up, it's hailing! We're getting a new roof!" that I was in for a rough day. At 6 1/2 months pregnant, my belly is quite large. It gets in the way of things, i.e. doorways, it's a good catch all for falling food, etc. This particular morning it got in the way of my curling iron. Do not ask me how, I'm not sure. But I have a huge burn now. It hurts. On to the next. It POURED down rain yesterday as everyone in Texas knows, and I was of course right in the middle of it. Why wouldn't I be? Will & I braved the downpour and limited visibility so that we could celebrate our friend Madeleine's 4th birthday. I'm so glad we went because it was great to see Becky and her family. It was a fun birthday party -- cowboys & cowgirls! The rain altered the location of the party....from the park to Madeleine's grandparent's garage. Even in the garage I managed to get dowsed with rain. Again, do not ask me how. Next. We left the Memorial area to head out to Katy to visit with my mom for the afternoon. Got stuck in some pretty high flood waters because PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE WHEN IT RAINS!!!! Granted the water came up fast and some cars did not want to go thru it. I understand & respect that. But where there is opportunity to get out of the way, please do so and let those of us who do not want to sit and wait it out move on thru. More flooding. If you live in Houston you are familiar with the Beltway 8 & I-10 feeder road intersection, where it always floods big time underneath there. I happened upon that as well and had cars driving AT ME, THE WRONG WAY trying to avoid the high water. So instead of getting in a head on collision, I put it into reverse. Some drivers did the same, others did not care for my bold move I guess because no one would let me get out of the way! I was so annoyed. Anyways, out of the flooding water now and on to Katy. The rain finally let up and the sun tried to come out when we were over there. So next. Don't think that I have mentioned yet that I had been dropping things all morning. Very pregnant clumsy today. I get to Mom's and I break a bowl. Teeny tiny bits of glass all over the kitchen. Again, don't ask me how, I don't know. So now we are on our way home back to Tomball. We stayed gone for most part of the day because Chris had a big job he was working on.....Will's BIG BOY BUNK BEDS!!!!!! Yea!!!! Yes, we could have stayed at home and "helped" but really, would Will & I have been much help??? Nope. Will has been beyond excited about his bunk beds. Can't stop talking about them. So Chris assembled them better than you can imagine -- the Spanish directions that were included (no English) didn't help at all and the lack of screws & slats didn't help either, but nothing that a trip to Lowe's couldn't fix (thank goodness I married a handy man!!). As we are pulling into the driveway Chris is bringing the mattress inside for Will's bottom bunk. So literally, this was about an all day project for Chris. Keep that in mind as I write on. And again, just have to remind you how ECSTATIC Will is about his bunk beds! We go inside and he runs into his room, leaps and bounds for the bed. He can't stop thanking his daddy (who he calls "Big Daddy" now!!) for putting his Big Bunk Beds together and hugging on him. So sweet. So then Chris wants to show me how he put it together and the reinforcements he used. We sit on the bottom bunk, looking up. And them BOOM! The bottom bunk broke in half and collapsed out from underneath us!!!!! Oh ya, not good for the ego at all. So I've put on a few extra LBs, but seriously?!?! This had to happen?!?! Chris' hard work all day long, collapsed. He was too furious to call the bed company, so I did. I was beyond mad. All I kept thinking about was "what if Will had been under here and it was the top bunk that collapsed?!" because of a 'bad batch of wood' (that's what they're claiming must have happened). We'll find out on Monday what exactly the company is going to do to resolve this situation. Well, while Chris & I are so disappointed, it didn't phase Will one bit. The bunk beds are still situated safely in Will's room (minus the bottom bunk) and Will is happily sleeping in his new Big Bunk Beds, kinda. It's still a work in progress but we'll get there. Will's happy. That's all that matters!!

No caption necessary -- here they are.

Pretending to sleep. And have you ever seen a little boy so happy to go to bed?!?!?!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Dede....I can't believe that!!! I would be livid....so glad no one was hurt.
Will's excitement is too cute! Gotta love him!! ; )
Post a Comment