Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh ya, we have a 2 year old now!!

I've been the worst blogger ever lately. I haven't even written anything about our little guy turning TWO!!! Two is great by the way. We've heard the stories of course about the terrible twos, and while Will does have his "No" moments, or the "I need to do" this or that moment, or even the not sleeping thru the night moments, it's more fun than ever now. We're working on potty training, and will soon be moving him to his big boy bed, which he is very excited about. Chris had bunk beds growing up (5 brothers in two rooms, well ya!) so we thought we would give bunk beds a go. That's the plan for now anyways. So moving Will up to a big boy bed so that the "new baby can sleep in Will's crib" and "use Will's changing table" has become our newest priority. So far so good about "sharing Will's things with the new baby". Of course, that will probably all change come July! We'll see.

Will had his two year check up the day after his birthday and, well, he checked out just fine! He's a tall skinny one, that's for sure. He weighed in at barely 28 pounds, and is just about 38 inches. He is without a doubt going to be long and lean!! His pediatrician and nurses are very impressed with his vocabulary and pronunciation of so many words already (but I'm his mom, I could have told you that!). It's really fun having conversations with him. And no shots until he's 4 years old!!! Yea!!!


Obviously I am not the best blogger out there. I am way behind on updating. So what do I do??? I signed up on Facebook yesterday. I am now a facebooker too. Am I going to become a facebook junkie!??!? How does everyone find so much time to facebook? And blog? And oh yes, go about your normal life!??! Well, I'm gonna give it a shot. We'll see about that too.


Here are some pics from Will's birthday party, HLS&R cookoff, our trip to Windthorst to celebrate Chris' grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary (Yea for 60 years!!). I'm going to do my best to update more often....if I'm not facebooking! :)




Happy 60th Anniversary Grandma & Grandpa O!! There was a party Saturday night, and then a Celebration Mass in their honor Sunday morning at the beautiful Windthorst Church.


Will doing his best white boy moves at the Smokin' Amigos tent Thursday night; collecting some beads on Friday afternoon and hanging out with Mom & Dad. A future Smokin' Amigo is born!





TWWWWOOOOOO!!!!! We started out Will's birthday with Birthday omelets at Mimi & Bubba's and then Uncle Trey surprised Will with a yummy ice cream birthday cake!


After he finished the clean-up, load-up and more clean-up from the BBQ cookoff, Chris met us back home to celebrate Will's birthday. Two birthday cakes in one day!!??! Only when you're two!!



And the Birthday Extravaganza! What a fun birthday party. Will had a BLAST, to say the least, and so did we. We were so happy so many friends & family celebrated with us. I know about 20 kids who slept really good that night!! And definitely two parents. :)




1 comment:

Misty said...

Yippee for FB! Sorry I missed the party -- I was busy winning flag football championships! See you next weekend!