Friday, November 21, 2008

Will's First OUCH!


Will has had quite a few scraped knees, elbows, forehead, & chin incidents in his short life....he is all boy afterall. But yesterday he got his very first sprain! And I really wouldn't even call it that, but his pediatrician did, so I guess I will too. He was having a fun day with Mimi & Bubba playing at the water fountains when the second "jump" didn't go so well. His right ankle apparently twisted when he landed and swelled up. He couldn't walk on it....couldn't even do the "Hot Dog Dance" with Mickey Mouse when he got home if that tells you anything! I called his dr. to ask what I should give him, thinking Tylenol or something stronger (since you can't really do anything for a twisted ankle). She said oh no, he needs to go to the ER and have X-Rays since he is still so little it could have affected a growth plate or have a slight break, too small to see. Well, I didn't think it was that bad AT ALL. Like I said a little swelling, some limping and nothing that an M&M cookie Mimi & Bubba got him couldn't fix. We did go to the dr. this morning just to be on the safe side. His motion & movement is fine, she thinks it's just a little sprain. Growth plate good too. He's pretty funny about it. As you can see in this picture, he was milking his injury for all it's worth....foot propped up on the pillow and all! He's still limping a little bit, but forgets he's hurt and then asks to be picked up. He's tough and will be just fine!! I know it was definitely hurting him, which of course I hate to see, but really, he'll be back to running around as soon as he wakes up from his nap. That's my bet! See, no worries Bubba!!

No comments: