I'm so proud of my big 4 1/2 year old boy. Not only did Will have his very first day of PreSchool, but he also celebrated his 1/2 birthday today! It was a big day. Big breakfast this morning, picutres by the front door (and when he woke up, maybe while he was eating breakfast too, and then perhaps before we were even outside), race to the car, more pictures outside his school, a few pics once inside, then it was "Bye Mom. See ya later. Bye Audrey." And then quick kisses for Mommy & one for Audrey too. (tear there for sure!) And off he went, doing just exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Growing up.
He was up bright & early this morning, 6:30am. Had his alarm set for 7:00. Was the first one dressed.
Miss Priss wanted to do things her way this morning. Last one dressed. Breakfast at her leisure. Lollygagger.
I'm honestly not sure who more proud of Will today. Audrey. Or me. She was SO excited for him that he was going to school!
Audrey trying her best to keep up, going as fast her legs will let her.
The Frog Room
Doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing! We had "Meet the Teacher" a couple of days before the first day of school and I definitely think this helped with any uneasiness & settled any sort of anxiety. It was good for Will too. Haha!
And this is Audrey, realizing that Will is not coming home with us. She & I went to a breakfast after dropoff.
Pouty face baby girl already misses her big brother and wants to go back in & get Will.
After she pouted around the house for a little bit looking for Will, Audrey went and just put herself to bed. It was an exhausting morning for her! She was happy to wake up in the car (I had to load her in still sleeping) to find that we were going to get Will!!
Back home after his first day of Preschool!! He was excited to open up his new soccer ball we promised him if he had a good first day. Indeed he did!! Let the soccer games begin!
When I picked him up, Will's teacher told me was so polite!! Now that made me so happy, and proud. And Will told me this story (LOVE it): "we had to line up and wash our hands after coming in from the playground and Mrs. Denley told me I was next. I said 'oh no, ladies first. And I let two of the girls go in front of me." SWEETS!!!! LOVE him!!!
And now on to the first unofficial soccer practice. Will is pretty excited about playing soccer this fall. He's really excited that we're going to come watch him! He said we need pom poms.....
Celebrating!! High five's all around.
I would love to get around to posting pics of Audrey's 2nd Birthday, my parent's 40th Anniversary celebration, and other summer happenings. Here's hoping. I'm doing good to have made it thru this post without crying!!! xoxo's to my Mr. Will and Baby Girl Audrey. Sure do love y'all and can't wait to watch you grow some more!!!
1 comment:
I can NOT believe he's already in pre-K!! That story about him letting the ladies go first is so sweet and SO Will! He's such a sweet, well behaved little boy!
Post a Comment