And here are some pics that I took Tuesday evening actually! We were celebrating Andy & Riley's birthdays. Molly is now 8 weeks old today.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Need some prayers please, and lots of 'em
I have been so hesitant in writing this post for a number of reasons, mainly I think it's denial, but I wanted to get the blessing of Riley & Andy to post this before I did or said anything. Our new little niece Molly (here) needs your prayers please. I just know in my heart she is going to be ok and that God is going to take good care of her, but right now it's kinda of in that waiting phase. While still pregnant with Molly, Riley was considered high risk for low amniotic fluid and was having ultra sounds pretty frequently at the end of her pregnancy. During an ultrasound, something was spotted near Molly's (then still "the baby" not knowing if it was a he or she!) kidney, on her adrenal gland. They continued to watch it and did an ultrasound shortly after she was born. This tumor has grown in size already and she has had some tests run at Texas Children's Hospital, particularly a urine test that Andy & Riley are waiting for results. "Everything is pointing to neuroblastoma, but an adrenal hemorrhage is a possibility. Neuroblastoma can sometimes spontaneously regress, so we're hoping that will happen. I'm not sure when we will do surgery, it depends on if/how much the tumor grows. If the urine tests comes back abnormal we'll do surgery sooner. Her next ultrasound is early June and there might be more ultrasounds if the tumor hasn't changed much. We're basically just watching it now and hoping it will regress. That's about all I know for now" per Riley. The moment Riley told me 'Neuroblastoma,' before Molly was even born, I immediately googled it. The most comforting thing I found was that it is highly treatable if detected early, as is the case with Molly, so that is good news. So please, keep Molly, Riley & Andy in your prayers. I know they whole heartily appreciate all of the prayers they can get!!!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're praying for sweet baby Molly! We know how scary the waiting process is. We witnessed first hand the power of prayer with Robert, so we'll be sure to keep Molly in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Kelly! I need to update, but fyi, urine test came back normal and another ultrasound is scheduled for the end of May. Thanks so much for the prayers. I think of you & your family often....I check your blog to see if there's any updates/new pics/etc... hint hint! ;)
Post a Comment