Friday, December 11, 2009

Fa la la la la a lot going on

Yes, it must be Christmas time. Busy! Tired! Tree decorated. Check. Stockings hung. Check. Lights up. Check. Gifts wrapped. Almost, but haven't finished shopping. Christmas cards mailed. Haven't taken pictures yet (on the to-do list for tomorrow!) My grandmothers recipe for homemade fudge made. Not yet, hopefully next week. Mom? Snow in Houston. Check. Potty training Mr. Will. Check. Double whammy check!! 5 month old Audrey growing too fast. Check. Girl's Christmas. Check. My first Black Friday shopping trip (with my dad of all people!). Check. Yum Thanksgiving. Check. Lost touch with my blogging world. Check.











First snow. Audrey, not so impressed. Will had fun but was ready to come in to have hot chocolate. Definitely couldn't live up north. Getting all bundled up for 5 minutes of playtime, not my idea of everyday fun! Will is definitely my child, he does not like to be cold. It was fun for him to see the snow flakes and play though for a little bit.



Will floors me. He remembers everything. He speaks so well. He really is so smart! He spelled his first word all by himself the other day. CAT. He still loves to read, or be read to. He says "Here Mommy. I'm going to read this book. You say the words." Hehe. He wants to know what the first letter of almost every word is and can usually tell you before you answer (and the sound it makes). He recognizes and remembers words, places, landmarks, etc. So, this whole potty training thing is quite an adventure. Quite exhausting. But he is doing so great. No accidents for going on 5 days now! Woo Hoo!! I'll save the rest of the story. We don't live in a perfect world. If you want to know, ask me. It is called potty training afterall. I just have to keep reminding myself that he's new at this. But it's going so much better than I dreamed it would. Note to all moms out there who have yet to potty train. Don't threaten your child with "we'll just call the doctor then and she'll come help you." Not cool. Just sayin'.



5 month old Audrey. Seriously, where has the time gone. She's not going to be my book reader I've decided. She'd rather eat the book. She has no interest in being read to yet. She wants to eat everything, wants to put everything in her mouth. She loves to "eat" my/Chris' face. We call her Scary Baby when she does this, it's hilarious! She's eating rice cereal now, I'm kinda hesitant to get her started on the first foods already like the pedi suggested. Seems too early. But she loves to eat, and like Will was, when we're not fast enough to get the full spoon of food back up to her, she lets us know. Maybe fruits next week. She's trying so hard to sit up; almost there. She loves things with lights & sounds. She grabs everything in sight (and then tries to eat it). She is enamored by Big Brother Will, and he of her. He calls her his "cutie" or his "sweetie." Love her!!




Girl's Christmas 2009, we missed you Dawn & Kade!!! And Mike too!


Prego Heather, super excited Will, Clay & Audrey 9 days apart, fun Aunt Misty, Chris' deer he killed over Thanksgiving, and a partridge in a pear tree.
And on a sad note, Chris' grandfather passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving. He had been battling cancer. We made the trip to Windthorst in 7 hours to be with family and to celebrate the life of Grandpa. He was dearly loved and will be missed.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Audrey is so cute all bundled up! Will is SO smart!! I've been saying that since he started talking! He seriously is the smartest kid I know his age! :)
Tell Heather congrats! She's going to be so cute when her belly is all big and she's still tiny!
I'm sorry for you guys loss with Chris' grandpa. It's always so tough.

hudsmom said...

Whew! and I thought I had a lot going on...Glad you guys are doing great!